The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, a 12 stage theater, a 25-acre circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast — all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure just north of Charlotte every Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 1–Nov. 20.
Event Daily Happenings
- Twelve stages featuring comedy acts, acrobats, medieval musicians, singers, dancers, storytellers, magicians and puppeteers — performing continuously for seven and one-half hours each day.
- A tournament arena where skilled stunt riders, outfitted in suits of armor, ride their horses into battle during three jousts each day.
- Hundreds of costumed characters.
2) Arts and Crafts
- Our 25-acre village is filled with over 100 open-air, storybook shops and medieval tents. Crafts include: clothing, armor-making, pottery, glass blowing, stained glass, elegant jewelry and more.
- Many artisans demonstrate of their handiwork throughout the day, using tools and techniques that have been handed down through the centuries.
- Kids and adults will enjoy the challenges of archery, ax-throwing, castle-storming and climbing Jacob’s ladder.
- They can also go on human-powered rides such as da Vinci’s Flying Machine, Voyage to the New World and the Swan Swing.
- This is the place to toss tomatoes at the surly fools locked in the stocks at “Vegetable Justice.”
- The Royal Kitchens serve a vast feast with giant roasted turkey drumsticks, steak-on-a- stake, pizza, bread bowl stews, salads and more. The Cottage Bakery, the Cappuccino Inn and the Cottage Chocolate Shoppe tempt you with a variety of unique desserts. Pubs serve beer and wine.
Dates and Times
The Carolina Renaissance Festival runs every Saturday and Sunday, from October 1 through November 20th.
10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday rain or shine.
Just north of Charlotte between Concord and Huntersville on Highway 73 at Poplar Tent Road (between I-77 and I-85). Exit 25 on I-77 or exits 52 or 55 on I-85.
FREE courtesy of Harris Teeter.
Advance Discount Tickets
$23 for adults, $13 for kids ages five to 12, available at Harris Teeter Stores regionwide. Children under five are always free. Tickets purchased at the gate are $1 more. Senior (60 and over) and Adult Military discount tickets with Military ID are $21 at the gate. Child dependents of military personnel are $11. Tickets are also available for purchase online at Carolina.renfestinfo.com.
Special Offers and Events
Each festival day is filled with non-stop antics. In addition, a variety of special events and discounts may be offered unique to each individual festival weekend. Visit the special event page at Carolina.renfestinfo.com for details.
Facilities for Disabled Guests
Designated parking for disabled guests is located by the front gate. Parking attendants will direct permitted vehicles to these spots. Disabled adapted portable toilets are located in each privy area. Wheelchairs, wagons and strollers are available for rent at the costume rental shop located just outside the Festival gates. Call the Festival office at 704-896-5555 with any questions or special needs.
Visitors should call 704-896-5544 or toll free 877-896-5544. Visit the Festival website at carolina.renfestinfo.com.