Daily Incident Log – 12/01/2019


North Carolina and South Carolina Fire Incidents

CarolinaFireJournal -

12/02/2019 -

Winston-Salem couple lose home, 30 years of memories in house fire 

A couple now out of the hospital after losing their home in a fire in Winston-Salem. The fire started in the kitchen Saturday morning on the 1800 block of South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. An innocent attempt to stay warm, 76-year-old Mike Smith turned on his gas stove after a neighborhood power outage left the house chilly Saturday. He says a deep fryer left on the stove started to overheat. "It burned a hole in it and caught fire and we were trying to get it out then finally ended up calling the fire department," Smith said. His wife Linda tried putting out the fire. "It happened so quick and everything. We're lucky. I was thinking about my husband and my animals. I wasn't thinking about me at the time," Linda said. Thirty years of memories, gone. Letichia Steele, their in-home care aide, was on her way to their house when the fire started.  

WGHP-TV FOX 8  

image

Three alarm fire heavily damages Salisbury business 

A three-alarm fire heavily damaged a business in Salisbury on Saturday night. The fire happened at the Carpet Queen in the 800 block of W. Innes Street. Firefighters on the scene declared the blaze to be a three alarm fire and were actively fighting it as of 9:15 p.m. No one was inside the business at the time of the fire, according to officials. Heavy smoke was seen coming from the building. Several people driving on W. Innes saw the smoke and called 911. "We had multiple calls on the scene before we arrived on the scene," said Tim Hurlocker of the Salisbury Fire Department. "I got here, saw heavy smoke pushing out the front door." No further information has been released at this time. "Right now it appears the structure has taken some severe damage as far as the roof, just going on what the crews are reporting," Hurlocker added.  

WBTV-TV CHANNEL 3  

19,000 chickens die in Moore County farm fire 

An electrical fire is blamed for the deaths of 19,000 chickens in Moore County. The fire happened just after 9:30 on Thanksgiving night at Watts Auman Farm. Once firefighters arrived, they found one of the chicken houses on fire. The farm had about 40,000 chickens and works with Perdue Farms, a giant chicken processing company. Luckily, the other chicken house didn't catch on fire. Perdue told ABC11 that the surviving chickens are being examined to make sure they weren't injured by smoke inhalation.  

WWAY-TV ABC 3 WILMINGTON  

Knightdale home a 'total loss' after kitchen fire 

Firefighters say a Knightdale home was destroyed Sunday after a fire reignited. According to New Hope's fire chief, the fire started in the kitchen around 6:30 p.m. Firefighters extinguished the flames, but the fire started again hours later. Wind made extending the fire challenging, officials said, and firefighters from three different units were still at the scene Monday morning managing hot spots. No one was injured in the fire.  

WRAL-TV CBS 5 RALEIGH  

 

Body of 69-year-old woman found in burning home in Clarendon County 

The body of a 69-year-old woman was found inside a burning home off of Plowden Mill Road in Alcolu early Saturday morning. The body of Brenda Tanner was found inside her home after Clarendon County Fire Department put out the fire. Firefighters had received the call at 8:56 a.m. and on arrival they found Tanner's home fully involved in flames. SLED is assisting the Clarendon County Fire Department in the investigation of this incident. According to Clarendon County coroner, an autopsy will be performed Nov. 3 at the MUSC in Charleston. This is a developing story.  

WIS-TV COLUMBIA CHANNEL 10  

Crews extinguish house fire in Cross 

Crews extinguished a house fire in Cross early Sunday morning. Firefighters arrived on scene in the 400 block of St. Julian Drive around 4:30 a.m. to a 1.5-story house up in flames. Crews aggressively attacked the fire, which was under control within 30 minutes. Six companies responded along with EMS and the Eutaville fire department.  

WCSC-TV CHARLESTON LIVE 5 NEWS  

Chesnee: Cooling building at old mill destroyed in fire, possible arson case 

Chesnee firefighters say a cooling building at an old mill in town was completely lost after a fire, and investigators believe this could be an arson. Dispatch Confirmed the call came in from Main Street and South Alabama Avenue around 4 p.m. According to Chesnee Community FD deputy chief Todd Mason, crews were able to see the smoke as they left the station, clarifying the main mill building was not on fire. Mason says the cooling building is a total loss and the main mill is not damaged. He further noted Spartanburg County deputies are investigating the fire as a possible arson case. Crews from Mayo, Cooley Springs, Cherokee Springs, Boiling Springs, and Spartanburg EMS also responded.  

WHNS-TV FOX 2

Courtesy of Daily Dispatch.
Comments & Ratings
rating
  Comments