Fire Rescue EMS Incidents for July 9th 2019


North Carolina and South Carolina Fire Incidents

CarolinaFireJournal -

07/09/2019 -

Officials: Discarded fireworks caused Cary house fire on July 4

Used fireworks that were improperly discarded caused a house fire in Cary the night of July 4, authorties said. Deputy Fire Chief Michael Martin of the Cary Fire Department said used fireworks weren't correctly discarded. The fire was determined to be accidental, he said. The fire at 104 Lakeway Court was reported at about 11 p.m. "I came outside, and everything was on fire," said neighbor Javier Guevara, who recorded video of the fire on his cellphone. "It was exploding, exploding."Even from across the street, Guevara and other neighbors said they could feel the heat of the fire and hear the wailing of a car horn as vehicles underneath the burning garage caught fire.  

WRAL-TV CBS 5 RALEIGH  

image

Truck crashes into washed out road, catches fire in Wake County

Three people were injured after a pickup truck crashed into a hole in a road caused by recent storms and then caught fire. The accident was reported around 11:30 p.m. Monday on Mitchell Mill Road, near Bad News Drive near Rolesville.Rolesville Fire Chief Rodney Privette said the vehicle was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived. The driver and passenger were found injured and lying in shallow water in Penny Hill Lake.  

WRAL-TV CBS 5 RALEIGH  

New Hanover County Fire station still in temporary location almost 10 months since Florence

Nearly 10 months later, we're still seeing the impact of Hurricane Florence. We have an update on New Hanover County Fire Station 12 thanks to a news tip from a viewer. If you drive by New Hanover County Fire Department Station 12 on US Highway 421, it appears abandoned. The fire station, which serves the county's northern fire district, sustained lots of roof damage during Hurricane Florence. New Hanover County Fire Chief Donnie Hall says shortly, after the hurricane moved through the Cape Fear, portions of the roof blew off and crews had to evacuate. For now, they've moved their fire trucks and personnel to Invista, a nearby manufacturing plant. Hall says he hopes crews can return to the station by the end of the calendar year.  

WWAY-TV ABC 3 WILMINGTON  

Residents relieved after Greenville Police charge woman for arson fire at housing complex

Residents are relieved after Greenville Police arrest a woman in connection with the fire at Lakeview Townhomes in Greenville on June 27. Sierra Foreman was arrested for first-degree arson, breaking and entering, and felony fraudulently burning dwelling following a fire at Lakeview townhomes. Investigators say foreman was also a resident of Lakeview and she recently received an eviction notice. Resident Tasha Keisha Brown's daughter's room was ruined due to the fire. Brown and her family have been displaced ever since. Brown says Foreman's decision seriously affected the families involved in the fire. "I'm relieved that the person has been caught," Brown said, "It makes our neighborhood a little safer." Brown says she didn't know Foreman very well but saw her from time to time. Brown feels as though Foreman could have handled the situation differently.  

WITN-TV NBC 7 GREENVILLE  

 

One firefighter injured after battling flames at duplex along Lavender Drive in Spartanburg

One firefighter was injured battling flames at a duplex along Lavender Drive in Spartanburg Monday night. According to Westview-Fairforest Assistant Fire Chief Tracy Williams, a report of heavy smoke came from an adjacent street around 6:38 p.m. Several agencies responded to assist in fighting the blaze. Williams said the fire appears to have started low, made its way to the second floor of the duplex, and eventually to the attic. Occupants in both apartments were home at the time of the fire, though Williams says none of them were injured. A firefighter with the Westview-Fairforest team was transported to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.  

WHNS-TV FOX 21  

Spartanburg home damaged by fire, dog rescued

American Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers are assisting a family whose home, located on Holiday Boulevard in Spartanburg, was damaged by a fire Monday afternoon. Firefighters with North Spartanburg, Whitney, Hilltop, and the City of Spartanburg responded to the blaze. The Red Cross is helping two adults by providing financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging, and other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items. Firefighters with the Hilltop Fire Department gave oxygen to a dog named Bentley rescued from the fire.  

GOUPSTATE.COM  

South Carolina man killed after holding firework above his head

Authorities say a 29-year-old South Carolina man has died after suffered burns and other injuries while holding a firework over his head. Spartanburg Police spokesman Art Littlejohn said the firework exploded while the man was holding it on Independence Day in a Spartanburg neighborhood. Authorities said Desmond Tayshaun Hines suffered burns to his right hand and forehead and other injuries from the explosion. Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger says he is reviewing results of an autopsy and the police investigation before determining the exact cause of Hines' death.  

WJCL TV 22 ABC  

Courtesy of Daily Dispatch.
Comments & Ratings
rating
  Comments