Nobody injured in High Point house fire
Firefighters responded to an early-morning house fire Monday in High Point. Fire Capt. Denita Lynch said the house at 416 Academy St. was fully involved when firefighters arrived around 5:30 a.m. No injuries were reported.
WGHP-TV FOX 8
Fire damages car wash in east Charlotte
Officials are investigating a fire at an east Charlotte business Monday morning. The fire broke out Monday morning at a car wash that used to be a gas station on Monroe Road near Briar Creek Road.
WCNC-TV NBC 6 CHARLOTTE
New Wilmington fire station raising money for firefighters memorial
Saturday marked the grand opening of a new fire station in Wilmington. The Empie Park Fire Station opened at the corner of Independence Boulevard and Park Avenue. City leaders talked about how the new facility will benefit the area. "It's a great community asset, particularly to have a new station here. The other station serve d the community for over 46 years. So, it did it's job and now, it's time for another station to continue to provide the great service our community is used to," Chief Buddy Martinette.
NEWS 14 CAROLINA - CHARLOTTE
SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG
What's best for York County: More rural fire stations or new training center?
A $3.1 million question before the York County Council – whether to build a new fire training center or new fire substations in rural areas – could get an answer on Monday. A new training facility – to replace the nearly 30-year-old existing one – would mean more room to build and repair tru cks, better maintenance equipment and larger office and training space for all of the county's 600 paid and volunteer firefighters.
Related Video: Tour of York County Fire Training Center
Senior Fire Prevention Technician Rickey Wilson gives a tour of the aging York County Fire Training Center in Rock Hill.
Greenville City Fire Department: Kitchen Fire Gets Out Of Control
The Greenville City Fire Department responded to a house fire on Briggs Ave Sunday afternoon. Firefighters say that two people were inside the home when the kitchen caught fire. The kitchen was destroyed but the rest of the house only suffered some minor smoke damage.
Clemson motorcyclist killed in accident on Liberty Highway
A Clemson man died Sunday after his motorcycle crashed at dusk into a sign off Liberty Highway. Brian Kent Stattelman, 47, was traveling south on Liberty Highway toward the highway's "V" intersection with Sharon Church Road when he lost control of his motorcycle, veered to the right side of the road and hit a 3-foot-tall pipeline si gn, officials at the scene said.