Daily Incident Log - 8/9/2012


North Carolina and South Carolina Fire Incidents

CarolinaFireJournal -

08/09/2012 -

NORTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG

Reeds house called a total loss; one person displaced

One person was displaced as fire destroyed a house Wednesday morning on Lanier Road. At 10:49 a.m., firefighters with the Reeds Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to a working house fire at 591 Lanier Road. They arrived to find the house fully involved with flames and immediately went into a defensive mode, said Reeds Chief Tim Leonard.

LEXINGTON DISPATCH

image

Bridge to be named for fallen Asheville firefighter next week

On Aug. 15, 2012, the Smoky Park Bridge in Asheville is to be renamed as a memorial to Capt. Jeff Bowen, an Asheville firefighter who lost his life in the line of duty in July 2011. The state Board of Transportation voted in April to name the bridge in honor of Bowen with the support of Insurance Commissioner and State Fire Marshal Wayne Goodwin, Bowen's family, the Asheville City Council, the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners and firefighters from across the state.

WLOS.COM

Vacant mobile home fire in Southmont being investigated

A fire that destroyed a vacant mobile home Wednesday morning on Maid Marian Lane in the Southmont community is under investigation by the Davidson County Sheriff's Office, a spokesman with the Southmont Volunteer Fire Department said Thursday. At 4:48 a.m., Southmont firefighters were dispatched to a mobile home fire in the 1 00 block of Maid Marian Lane. Firefighters arrived to find the home partially involved with flames.

LEXINGTON DISPATCH

SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG

Regional: Fire guts Megabus closing northbound I-85 near Georgia South Carolina line

A Megabus traveling on Interstate 85 from Atlanta to Charlotte caught fire Wednesday afternoon in Hart County, shutting down the northbound side of the highway. The bus stopped near mile marker 179, just south of the South Carolina state line about noon. Some of the nearly 80 passengers on board told FOX Caroli na that a tire blew. They said that as the bus was trying to stop, something in the back overheated and caught fire.

WHNS-TV FOX 21

Road reopened after flames rip through North Charleston home

North Charleston firefighters worked to put out flames early Thursday morning at a home at the corner of Rock Street and Ashley Phosphate Road. Rock Street was reopened to traffic at 8:15 a.m. Fire department spokeswoman Bianca Sancic said fire crews responded to the scene just before 3:30 a.m. First arriving units reported smoke and fl ames showing from the two-story wood frame residence.

WCSC-TV CHARLESTON LIVE 5 NEWS

Update: Fire at old Butte Knitt plant in Spartanburg still a mystery

The fire that destroyed a former Butte Knit plant last month remains under investigation. Spartanburg County Fire Marshal Bill Hall said the fire is considered suspicious at this time. He said his office, along with the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, are running down leads. The long-shuttered plant in the Fairforest area of Spartanburg County went up in flames July 6.

SPARTANBURG HERALD-JOURNAL

Courtesy of Daily Dispatch.
Comments & Ratings
rating
  Comments

Issue 33.3 | Winter 2018

Past Issue Archives