No one injured in NW Charlotte fire
Firefighters were called out to northwest Charlotte's Derita Community after flames broke out at a vacant home Tuesday.Firefighters got the 911 call at about 10:20 p.m. Once on the scene firefighters said they saw heavy flames on the roof of the building.
WBTV-TV CHANNEL 3
Pinecroft-Sedgefield Fire Department teaches fire safety
Having trouble getting the grill fired up? Firefighters want to remind us that gasoline is the worst possible choice. The group Safe Kids of North Carolina along with the Pinecroft-Sedgefield Fire Department provided a demonstration yesterday to teach parents and children about fire safety. They said that one cup of gasoline is equivalent to a stick of dynamite.
NEWS 14 CAROLINA - SANDHILLS
Cape Carteret: Fundraiser for firefighter's family planned
Friends, family and colleagues of Cape Carteret resident Kent Hood are celebrating his life and years of service to the community with an upcoming benefit banquet. Hood, 47, died on July 16, less than two months after he was diagnosed with stage four metastatic colon cancer on May 26. Hood was a professional firefighter for the Town of Emerald Isle for nearly 15 years and worked for t he Office of the State Fire Marshal as an inspector. He was also a volunteer firefighter for Stella Fire Department and a member of Seaside Masonic Lodge in Swansboro, where he served as a past master.
THE DAILY NEWS, JACKSONVILLE
SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG
Fire guts Lake City mobile home, injures firefighter
One firefighter was treated at the scene for minor injuries suffered battling a single-wide mobile home fire on Rae Street early Tuesday afternoon. At least four units from South Lynches Fire Department responded to the call and arrived to to find the home fully involved, Debra Altman, South Lynches Fire Department public information officer, said..
WBTW-TV SC NOW.COM
Macedonia Rural firefighter hospitalized after single-home blaze in Moncks Corner
A quick response by a rural Berkeley County fire department saved a house from burning down today. The effort sent one firefighter to a hospital for heat exhaustion. The Macedonia Rural Fire Department got a call about 12:45 p.m. that a house on Moosehorn Lane was on fire, Deputy Chief Br andon Munn said.
CHARLESTON POST & COURIER
New Charleston fire chief Brack starts job Monday
The first day on the job for the new City of Charleston fire department chief will be Monday. Karen E. Brack was hired in May to succeed Thomas Carr, who retired in March because of complications from his ongoing battle with Parkinson's disease.
CHARLESTON POST & COURIER
Emergency Crews Rescue 15-Year-Old From Reedy River
The usually serene Reedy River turned into a raging wall of water that nearly took the life of a teenager. "Normally it's a foot deep if that," said Warren Cassell, a resident whose home sits on the river's edge. But after a heavy downpour the river rose about 11 feet Cassel's home, and it was too much for one teenager to handle.
WSPA-TV CBS 7
South Greenville Fire Department Receives Needed Equipment Donations
The South Greenville Fire Department received donations of tactical scuba diving gear on Tuesday from the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation. In a ceremony at the Firehouse Subs restaurant on West Butler Road in Mauldin, the foundation presented the department with dive vests, regulators, and air tanks worth than $13,500.