Daily Incident Log - 7/31/2012


North Carolina and South Carolina Fire Incidents

CarolinaFireJournal -

07/31/2012 -

NORTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG

Durham house fires injures firefighter, displace occupants

A Durham city firefighter was injured Monday while fighting a house fire, and a Saturday fire left two adults displaced. Firefighters were called at 1:30 a.m. to a blaze at a two-story, wood-frame house at 1112 Holloway St., Deputy Fire Chief Dan Curia of the Durham Fire Department said. A firefighter burned his hand and was transported to Durham Regional Hospital, where he was treated and released Monday.

DURHAM HERALD SUN

image

Baptist church in Ashe County gutted by fire; arson suspected

Pastor Rick Miller of North Beaver Baptist Church in Ashe County had planned to preach Sunday on how God cares for our every need. But after being awakened early Sunday about a fire at the church, driving quickly there, watching the smoke swirl and then seeing flames shoot through the roof of the sanctuary, he changed his sermon.< div style="font-size: 9pt;line-height: 20px; margin-top:4px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:3px;margin-left:0px">WINSTON SALEM JOURNAL

Fire breaks out at Albemarle salon

Albemarle Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday afternoon after the owner of a salon saw a cloud of smoke coming from the adjoining storage facility. Apphia-Mesha Salon, at 1100 N. Second St., Albemarle, placed a call at 12:58 p.m., followed by the first units arriving at 1:01 p.m., according to Albemarle Fire Chief Shawn Oke.

STANLY NEWS AND PRESS

Firefighters respond when motor catches fire at West Wilkes Middle School

Firefighters responding to a fire alarm at West Wilkes Middle School Monday afternoon found that the motor on a water heater recirculator had overheated and caught fire, said Mike Bumgarner, deputy chief of the Millers Creek Fire Department. Although it was a small fire and caused no structural damage, said Bumgarner, there was a moderate amount of smo ke in the electrical room where the fire occurred and light smoke in the adjacent school cafeteria.

WILKES JOURNAL PATRIOT

SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG

Fire injures Columbia-Richland firefighter, sends another person to hospital

Two people were injured after a home caught fire early Tuesday morning. Columbia-Richland firefighters were dispatched to the Kings Grant subdivision off Jackson Boulevard around 5:30 a.m. When they arrived at the home on Footpoint Drive, they could see flames coming from the back of the house.

WIS-TV COLUMBIA CHANNEL 10

Fire station may drive up Marietta taxes

Residents of the Marietta district have been told to expect higher taxes in order to cover the estimated $800,000 cost of a new headquarters, River Falls Fire Chief David Embry said Monday. The department had to move out of its old headquarters after the building was condemned because of structural pr oblems. Service hasn't suffered, Embry said.

GREENVILLE ONLINE

Greenwood City firefighter rescues child from Gulfport, MS hotel pool

Two out-of-state men, one of them a firefighter, saved the life of a 6-year-old boy found at the bottom of a hotel pool over the weekend, Gulfport Fire Department officials said. The boy, from Gonzales, La., was at the hotel with his grandparents and didn't know the men who came to his aid, Battalion Chief Chris Henderson said .

SUNHERALD.COM

Fire Heavily Damages Home Near Fort Jackson

Officials are investigating after a fire heavily damaged a home near Fort Jackson Tuesday morning. According to Columbia-Richland Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins, crews responded to 6 Foot Point Drive shortly after 5:30 a.m. to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the roof of the house. Jenkins stated a firefighter suffered an injury not directly related to the fire and that anot her person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

WLTX-TV COLUMBIA 19

Firefighters respond to Summerville house fire

Firefighters responded to a fire that gutted a house in Summerville overnight. It happened sometime early Tuesday morning on Radcliff Circle off State Road not far from Cane Bay High School. The fire ripped through the roof of the house, which was vacant and unfurnished.

WCIV-TV ABC 4

Courtesy of Daily Dispatch.
Comments & Ratings
rating
  Comments

Issue 33.4 | Spring 2019

Past Issue Archives