Death of former member of Durham Fire Department called suspicious
Durham Police say the man found dead Monday morning inside his home is a former member of the city's fire department. Detectives were called to a home at 4424 Regis Avenue around 10 a.m. Monday. A man, identified as Donnie Watson, was found dead inside the home.
WNCN-TV NBC 17 MYNC.COM
Electrical problem with fan apparant cause of Mill Creek mobile home fire
A fire that heavily damaged an older model mobile home in Millers Creek Tuesday morning apparently started from an electrical problem with a portable fan, said a spokesman for the Millers Creek Fire Department. "They had been having problems with the fan shutting off and it possibly shorted out.... We found a couple of (circuit) breakers tripped in a panel box," said Robbie Bolin, Millers Creek division chief.
WILKES JOURNAL PATRIOT
Firefighters pull couple from Landis house fire sparked by lightning
Firefighters pulled a Mt. Moriah Church Road couple from their home this morning after a lightning strike set the attic on fire. Division Chief Art Delaney said three Landis firefighters were staged at Sandy Ridge convenience store while other units checked on a fire alarm in the Atwell fire district about 4 a.m. Firefighters Rodney Wilhoit, br other Grady Wilhoit, and Stephen Overcash heard the loud crack of thunder as lightning hit a nearby home at 1580 Mt. Moriah Church Road near the intersection of U.S. 153.
Firefighters rescue six pets from Wilmington house fire
Firefighters rescued six pets from a house fire Tuesday morning. According to Chief David Hines, smoke and flames were showing at the home on Westchester Road when firefighters arrived. They used pet oxygen masks to help rescue the animals. Three dogs and three cats were saved, and are said to be doing OK.
WECT-TV CHANNEL 6
SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG
Pendleton firefighter hospitalized after tree falls on him during storm
A Pendleton firefighter was briefly hospitalized after a tree fell on him while he was diverting traffic. Chief Bobby Pruitt, with the Pendleton Fire Department, said the firefighter was initially called to Mechanic Stre et after another fallen tree took down power lines. "Just as I pulled up, I saw him standing next to his truck. He was trying to get in because it was pouring down rain," Pruitt told WYFF.
WYFF-TV NBC 4
Clover couple killed in fire at mobile home
A couple that friends and neighbors described as horse lovers and "very nice people" died Tuesday morning when their double-wide mobile home caught fire, destroying everything inside. Sam Price, 78, and his wife, Joanne Price, 67, were dead by the time firefighters and emergency officials got to their house at 13087 S.C. 55 West at about 1:40 a.m., York County Coroner Sabrina Gast said.
LAKE WYLIE PILOT
Crews Battle Fire At Church In Aiken County That Has Stood For 144 Years
When Pastor Robert Heflin arrived at his church he says he could not believe what he saw. "Is this really happening, you know, it was just so unreal," said Pastor Heflin. Fire crews on scene say they believe lightening struck Hayden Missionary Baptist Church in Aiken. Dozens of fire trucks from across Aiken County rushed to the put out the flames.
Summerville firefighter survives suicide bomber attack
At a lonely checkpoint somewhere in the Khost province of Afghanistan, Army Specialist Jared Bland faced one of a soldier's worst nightmares. A suicide bomber got to the checkpoint and set off his lethal payload, killing three of Bland's friends and comrades and severely wounding several others, including Bland.
SUMMERVILLE JOURNAL SCENE
St. Andrew firefighters deliver baby girl outside station
Three firefighters delivered a baby outside the station when the parents couldn't make it to the hospital. St. Andrews Fire Department Capt. Patrick Henry, Engineer Ken Chapel and Fireman Joe Udy handled the delivery outside the station on Bees Ferry Road about noon Sunday. The father, Johnny Campbell, hit some traffic on U.S. 17 and knew he would never make it up the Glenn McConnell Parkway to St. Francis Hospital. So he called 911 and pulled into the fire station.
CHARLESTON POST & COURIER