North Charlotte apartment fire displaces several families
Seven people, including several children, were forced out of their homes after a two-alarm fire ripped through a north Charlotte apartment complex Wednesday night. No one was injured, officials said. Firefighters said eight units at the Somerset Apartments were affected by the fire and smoke. Three of the units were so badly damaged that the reside nts will have to find somewhere else to stay for the night.
WSOC-TV ABC 9 CHARLOTTE
Two taken to hospital after chemical spill at Wake Forest Biotech Place
Two people were treated for mild skin irritations early Thursday morning after a lab chemical spill inside Wake Forest Biotech Place. Winston-Salem firefighters responded to the building at 5575 North Patterson Ave. around 2:45 a.m. Two hazmat teams and a decontamination t eam also were at the scene.
WXII-TV NBC 12 PIEDMONT
Autopsy: SBI agent committed suicide by starting a Granite Falls fire
A North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation agent who committed suicide in May received information from the agency on the same day that he died, according to his autopsy report. SBI Agent Chris Haas was assigned to the Hickory district. On May 14 firefighters responded to a fire at his home on Hunters Creek Lane in Granite Falls. Haas' wife, Cynthia, arrived home at about 4:45 p.m. to find smoke coming out of their house. Firefighters found Haas inside. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
WINSTON SALEM JOURNAL
SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG
Chester County soldier's home burns before he deploys
All that's left of the only house Spc. Johnny Kelly has ever owned are charred walls and blackened piles of ash, soot and water. A fire that officials say started in the kitchen of his three-bedroom, two-bath mobile home in Great Falls quickly spread upward into the ceiling, breaking into an attic space before ultimately collapsing the roof. Once the ceiling fell, burning wood smoldered in the living room, den and bedrooms.
ROCK HILL HERALD
St. John's firefighters resuscitate 13-month old pup after house fire
When lightning struck and sparked fire at his home, Matt Blue reacted quickly. He called 911. But he soon realized his family's 13-month old golden doodle was stuck inside. Thankfully, it wasn't long before firemen came to the dog's rescue. "…Felt lightning strike very close to the house and within a minute or two heard a thumping or thro bbing sound in the wall," Blue said as he described the moment when the fire began.
WCIV-TV ABC 4
Related: Burning houses and flooded streets reported during storms
Whitney Firefighters Investigate Suspicious Blaze
A fire at an abandoned home in Spartanburg has been ruled suspicious. Whitney firefighters called out to 350 Whitney Road at 4:22 am Thursday for a residential structure fire which was called in by a passerby. When fire crews arrived on the scene it was 75% involved. Firefighters tell 7 On Your Side that they had it under control after 30 minutes . Additional crews from the City of Spartanburg and Hilltop Fire were called in to assist.
WSPA-TV CBS 7
Fire Inspectors Close West Columbia Recycling Plant
Fire inspectors in West Columbia have closed a plastics recycling plant. West Columbia ordered a shutdown at Global Plastic Grinders yesterday. A company property manager says the decision put 50 people out of work.
WOLO-TV ABC COLUMBIA