Catawba crash leaves corn-covered highway
"It could have been a whole lot worse," said Chief Donald Robinson of the Catawba Fire Department as he watched emergency workers trudging through the dry corn that came up to their ankles as they walked across N.C. 10 East. "I'm telling you, this had the potential to be disaster 10 times worse than this." The truck driver, a white male approximately 60 years old wh ose name has not been released, was driving east at about 7:15 a.m. when the back wheels of his trailer went off the side of the road.
HICKORY DAILY RECORD
Whiteville Fire Department turns to grants for necessary funding
A department that works to keep citizens safe is hoping to soon receive new equipment to make themselves and others even safer. The fire department in Whiteville needs nearly $600,000 worth of equipment, including a new fire truck estimated at $500,000, and the fire chief says that some of that total funding will help the department to continue to pr ovide efficient service to citizens and protect firefighters while they're on the job.
WSFX-TV FOX WILMINGTON
Crews Battle Arapahoe House Fire +1,000F
Seven Pamlico County fire departments responded to a raging house fire Thursday afternoon, in the middle of stifling heat and without a water source nearby. The home at 50 Jeff Road in Arapahoe caught fire around 1:30 p.m. , with temperatures inside reaching 1,086°F.
WCTI-TV ABC 12 NEW BERN
Ex-Durham firefighter who attempted suicide transferred to Central Prison
A Durham firefighter who attempted suicide after he was arrested last week has been transferred from Duke University Hospital to Central Prison in Raleigh for safekeeping as he continues to recover. The former firefighter, Damon Quick, was fired last week after police charged him with a series of robberies. Soon after his arrest, he tried to hang himself with a bed sheet in his cell at the Durham County Jail.
Fire causes severe damage to Whiteville antique store
A fire, believed to have been caused by faulty wiring or appliance, caused severe damage here Wednesday to the Beautiful Interiors business housed in an 1830s post-and-beam construction building originally from Robeson County. Whiteville Fire Chief David Yergeau said his department was notified at 11 a.m. of the blaze that started in a w ork area near the breezeway of the 180-year-old structure moved here in the 1980s from the Marietta community north of Fair Bluff.
WHITEVILLE NEWS REPORTER
SOUTH CAROLINA INCIDENT LOG
Spartanburg Co. Plant Damaged By Fire, Plume Of Smoke Seen For Miles
Firefighters remain on the scene of a fire at a Spartanburg County recycling plant Friday morning. Crews from several departments were called to Leigh Fibers on 1101 Syphrit Road in the Wellford area around 3 a.m.
WSPA-TV CBS 7
Lugoff Apartment Fire Exposes An Alligator
On Monday June 18, 2012 around noon the Lugoff Fire Department responded to the Lynwood apartment complex off Frenwood Lane in Lugoff for a possible fire inside an apartment. Engine 10 and Ladder 10 responded to the incident. Once units arrived on the scene, light smoke was discovered coming from one apartment on the ground floor.
WLTX-TV COLUMBIA 19
Fire damages Mullins church
A fire has damaged a building that housed classrooms for Everbee Baptist Church in Mullins, Friday morning. The building is located behind the main church on Everbee Court in the Smithboro community. A passerby saw flames coming from the attic and sides of the building and called 911 around 2 a.m.
WPDE-TV CAROLINALIVE. COM