Daily Incident Log – 02/12/2018


North Carolina and South Carolina Fire Incidents

CarolinaFireJournal -

02/13/2018 -

Gaston: Dad, 2 toddler girls taken to burn center after fire guts home, officials say bu.png

 

A man and two children are being treated for smoke inhalation and burns after a fire gutted a Northampton County home. Gaston Volunteer Fire Department said the fire to a Lincoln Street home in Gaston Friday caused heavy damage. A 21-year-old man and two girls, ages 3 and 2, were rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The fire department said Saturday they had been transferred to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill. Fire officials didn't immediately respond to a message asking about their conditions Sunday. Fire Capt. Eddie Porter III tells The Daily Herald of Roanoke Rapids that investigators believe that the fire started when the man, who appears to be the children's father, fell asleep while cooking on the stove.  

WNCN-TV NBC 17  

image

 

Clayton names its Fire Chief of the Year bu.png

 

The Clayton Fire Chief has been honored as this year's Chief of the Year. Lee Barbee joined the Clayton Fire Department in 1975 and is the longest serving fire chief for the department. He is responsible for the new fire station in downtown Clayton as well as a second fire station to keep up with the growth of the area. Barbee was awarded Chief of the Year by the North Carolina Association of Fire Chiefs.  

TWC NEWS - CENTRAL NC  

 

Woman escapes burning Pitt County home bu.png

 

A woman was inside a home at 3510 Stanton Mill road early Sunday morning when a fire started, according to Staton House Fire and Rescue Department. Firefighters say he was able to make it out unharmed. Staton House Fire and Rescue Department and Stokes Fire Department were dispatched to the fire at 3:45 a.m. Half of the home was on fire when crews arrived. They requested Bethel Fire Department for more help. "Our crews made a great stop and prevented any further loss," said Firefighter Frankie Lopez, of Staton House Fire and Rescue Department. "The fire was fully extinguished within 45 minutes of arrival".  

WCTI-TV ABC 12 NEW BERN  

 

Digital Dispatcher to Summon First Responders in Moore County bu.png

 

Locution's digitized female voice doesn't have the same friendly timbre as Siri or Alexa. Her tone is colder and more urgent, which is perhaps appropriate given the nature of her work. First responders in Moore County will soon receive coordinates and codes from Locution PrimeAlert, an automated dispatching system that public safety officials hope will speed up emergency response times. Scot Brooks, the county's emergency manager, says the voice-alerting software will not replace the flesh-and-blood dispatchers who currently work in the telecommunications department. The new system, he said, is instead designed to make their jobs less stressful.  

SOUTHERN PINES PILOT

 

 

Horry County Fire Rescue deputy chief resigns bu.png

 

The deputy chief of Horry County Fire Rescue has voluntarily left the position, officials said. Mike Norket's resignation was effective as of close of business Thursday, according to Horry County Government spokesperson Kelly Moore. According to the S.C. State Firefighters' Association website, Norket was raised in Myrtle Beach and began his career as a auxiliary member of the City Fire Department, eventually joining the agency as a paid firefighter following his graduation and retiring as deputy chief after 29 years of service.  

MYHORRYNEWS  

 

House fire in Belton sends one man to hospital with burns bu.png

 

One man was hurt and a house in Belton was destroyed by fire, Saturday morning. One man was inside the home on Cater Street when the fire was reported just before 9:00am. The man was taken to the JMS Burn Center in Augusta, GA for second and third degree burns. Nearly 25 firefighters are on the scene from multiple fire departments. When crews arrived they say they could see flames shooting out the roof of the house. Fire officials say the home is a total loss. Belton, Honea Path, Williamston, and Cheddar Fire Departments in addition to surrounding agencies, responded to a house fire. SLED has been called to investigate the cause of the fire.  

WSPA-TV CBS 7  

 

Firefighters investigating fire at Graze restaurant in Summerville bu.png

 

Summerville Fire and Rescue crews received a call for a fire alarm at Graze restaurant early Sunday morning. The call came in just before 4 a.m., according to Summerville's Fire and Rescue Chief Richard Waring. Waring said the first crews arrived a few minutes later to the restaurant located on E. 5th N. Street near Highway 78. They found smoke coming from the front and rear of the building. "The alarm was upgraded to a structure fire, bringing more resources and manpower," Waring said. As part of the auto-aid agreement, Dorchester County Fire Rescue crews responded to assist.  

WCSC-TV CHARLESTON LIVE 5 NEWS  

 

Deputies: Fire at Union County mobile home results in meth manufacturing arrest bu.png

 

Deputies in Union County said a man was arrested and charged with manufacturing meth after a suspicious mobile home fire on Saturday. Deputies said they were called to an address in a mobile home park on Peach Orchard Road after firefighters found a backpack near where the fire started. Deputies inspected the backpack and said they found items used to make meth inside. John Anthony Stafford, 29, was arrested later that day and charged with manufacturing meth, second offense.  

WCSC-TV CHARLESTON LIVE 5 NEWS  

Courtesy of Daily Dispatch.
Comments & Ratings
rating
  Comments

Issue 32.4 | Summer 2018

Keeping First Responders Safe