Daily Incident Log – 09/11/2017


North Carolina and South Carolina Fire Incidents

CarolinaFireJournal -

09/11/2017 -

Charlotte first responders gear up for Hurricane Irma 

Charlotte first responders are gearing up for hurricane Irma. Some crews could be getting the call the help with evacuations. Medic crews are ready to hit the road. Their mass casualty bus is on standby to help evacuate patients in the path of Hurricane Irma. "We have stretchers along here. These are the ones we'd put the patient on," said Don Shue, Medic operation supervisor. Last year, crews helped folks get out of town before Hurricane Matthew. "The buses were deployed to South Carolina around the coast to pick up patients in a nursing home in the path of the hurricane. They picked them up and transported to them Summerville South Carolina," Shue said. It carries 18 patients at a time. Across town, firefighters are drying out their equipment from hurricane Harvey in Texas, getting ready for round two.  
WJZY FOX 46 CHARLOTTE 

image

 

Hendersonville joins county, North Carolina in state of emergency declaration 

Coinciding with the state and county's preparations for Hurricane Irma, Hendersonville Mayor Barbara Volk signed a state of emergency for the city effective at 12:01 a.m. Friday, which allows the city to start accounting for any expenses they have preparing for the storm. Hendersonville Fire Chief Joseph Vindigni gave a brief update on the situation during the Hendersonville City Council's Thursday evening meeting. Vindigni joined the rest of the county fire department on a conference call Thursday along with law enforcement and emergency management personnel. Vindigni said the latest report from the National Weather Service projects the hurricane to come up through Rutherford County, although the predicted path continues to change routes. Current projections for the area show sustained winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 to 80 mph.  
HENDERSONVILLE TIMES NEWS-BLUERIDGENOW.COM  

2 children, 1 adult unaccounted for after Seabrook mobile home fire 

Two children and one adult are unaccounted for after an early Friday morning fire destroyed a Seabrook mobile home. The fire was reported around 3:30 a.m. on Chisolm Hill Road by a neighbor, according to Dan Byrne, spokesman for the Burton Fire District. He said that one adult and two children have not been accounted for as of 9:15 a.m. Byrne described the home as a complete loss. Beaufort County Coroner Ed Allen is currently at the scene, though no information confirming fatalities has been released.  
BEAUFORT GAZETTE
 
City of Myrtle Beach officials urge being prepared if evacuations are called 

The city of Myrtle Beach is bracing for the worst and hoping for the best. Officials laid out their hurricane plans Thursday ahead of potential impacts from Hurricane Irma, and are urging everyone at home to prepare. "We went through Hurricane Matthew, and that was not even a category one. This hurricane is the largest that's ever been recorded in the Atlantic Ocean," Myrtle Beach Mayor John Rhodes stated at the press conference. Myrtle Beach police, fire and city officials held a press conference Thursday afternoon to discuss evacuations and emergency operation center plans.  
WMBF-TV NBC MYRTLE BEACH  

 

Courtesy of Daily Dispatch.
Comments & Ratings
rating
  Comments

Issue 32.2 | Fall 2017

Keeping First Responders Safe
Ideas to improve safety on the job, leadership, serving our community and keeping the desire to serve others...